Here's where they are and what you need to bring.
Public shelters will be open at 10 a.m. Monday, Sept. 2, according to an announcement by Volusia County.
Here's what you need to know:
- TD Taylor Middle/High, 100 E. Washington Ave.
- DeLand High, 800 N. Hill Road
- University High School, 1000 W. Rhode Island Ave.
- Mainland High School, 1255 W. International Speedway Blvd.
- Sweetwater Elementary, 5800 Victoria Gardens Blvd.
These are pet-friendly shelter for special needs persons only. Evacuees and their service animals will remain in the same location. It is too late to pre-register for a special needs shelter. Residents who are not registered will be assessed upon arrival at the shelters.
- Atlantic High, 1250 Reed Canal Road
- Creekside Middle, 6801 Airport Road
- Freedom Elementary, 1395 S. Blue Lake Ave.
- Galaxy Middle, 2400 Eustace Ave.
- Palm Terrace Elementary, 1825 Dunn Ave.
- Pride Elementary, 1100 Learning Lane
People and pets are housed in separate locations at the shelter
- Hinson Middle,1860 N. Clyde Morris Blvd.
- Pine Ridge High, 925 Howland Blvd.
- River Springs Middle, 900 West Ohio Ave.
People and pets are house in the same location
- Volusia County Fairgrounds, 3150 W. State Road 44
What to bring
Evacuees may need to stay at the shelter for 24 to 72 hours. Since space is limited. Bring essential items only. Avoid bringing valuables. Shelters are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Items you should bring to a shelter include:
- Snacks, comfort food and special dietary food
- Bottled water
- Bedding, pillow and blanket
- Extra clothing
- Medications and medical supplies, including prescription medications, eyeglasses and dentures
- Charged cell phone
- Ear plugs
- Oxygen supplies (or arrange for your oxygen company to deliver to them to the designated special needs shelter)
- Toiletry items and a first aid kit
- Flashlight and batteries
- Diapers and other necessities for infants and the elderly
- Time occupiers such as books, magazines, board games and cards
- Snacks, drinks and games to entertain children