Hurricane Dorian could make landfall Monday.
The National Hurricane Center indicates that Hurricane Dorian could make landfall early Monday as a Category 4 hurricane.
The Center advises residents to have their hurricane plan in place by Saturday because hurricane force winds could begin by early Sunday before the actual storm hits. It is extremely dangerous to put up plywood in hurricane force winds, so Sunday is too late to safely fortify homes.
The city of Port Orange has sandbags for residents from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the following locations:
- Southwinds Soccer Camplex: 1200 Richel Drive
- Spruce Creek Road Park: 481 Central Park Blvd.
- Coraci Park: 5200 Coraci Blvd.
- Airport Road Park: 6751 Airport Road
- Residents can fill their own sandbags. The city requests that if residents bring their own bags, they should be small trash bags and sand be double-bagged.
The city can supply bags as well. Everyone is encouraged to bring his or her own shovel. For additional preparedness information, visit www.port-orange.org
Limit on sandbags is 10 per household.